Accessibility Statement for Chesil Bank Parish Council
Technical Information about this website’s accessibility
Chesil Bank Parish Council (known as “the Council”) is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
The Council takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the Council website:
- Regular reviews of the website are undertaken
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Council website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard (detailed below).
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Council website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the Council website:
- Phone: 07814 016971
- E-mail via – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: c/o West Elworth Farm, Portesham, Weymouth, Dorset DT3 4HF
We will try to respond to feedback within 7 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Council website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Mobile Phones
- PC and Mac Computers
- All Tablet devices
- All known Browsers
- Screen Readers
Accessibility of the Council website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used and we cannot guarantee that the site will work fully on older versions of assistive technology
Non Accessible Content
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the Council website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- Uploaded images may not have text alternatives because we cannot ensure the quality of contributions.
- Some older PDFs may not comply.
- Some externally supplied, interactive PDFs may not be fully compliant. We have no control over these documents.
- Some of our online forms might be difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
At the present time, we have not identified any specific issues that would be of disproportionate burden.
Content not within the Scope of the accessibility regulations
The following are currently exempt from the Accessibility regulations
- pre-recorded audio and video published before 23 September 2020
- live audio and video
- heritage collections like scanned manuscripts
- PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 – unless needed to use a service.
- maps – information maybe available in address format
- third party content under someone else’s control
- content on intranets or extranets published before 23 September 2019
- archived websites if not needed for services and they are not updated
The Council assessed the accessibility of the website by the following approaches:
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 8th February 2021. It was last reviewed on 8 February 2021. This website was last tested on 8th February 2021. The test was carried out by the Clerk to the Council.
Enforcement procedure– The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (websites and Mobile Applications) (No2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).