The Group Council owns various assets in the parishes and is also responsible for maintaining some assets.
Abbotsbury Recreation Ground
Abbotsbury Recreation Ground was gifted to the Parish Council in 1938
At the entrance to the village of Fleet
The Green, Portesham
The famous green phone box sat on the village Green owned by the Parish Council
Parish Council Property
Portesham Playing Field
Gifted to the Parish Council in 1938, there is a tennis court and a football pitch. It is hoped to revitalise this site in the future.
The Allotments were set up in 2009 using Awards for all and WDDC grants. There are 19 allotments. Contact the Clerk if you are interested in renting an allotment.
The Parish Council own and run the Portesham Cemetery. Please see Cemetery page for further details.
Two Houses at The Glebe, Abbotsbury
As part of the Glebe Development negotiations, the Parish Council were gifted two houses. These are managed by Raglan and the rents collected are paid to the Parish Council quarterly. The Parish Council have nominations rights for local people.
Langton Herring Amenity Area
Langton Herring has an amenity area which is owned and maintained by the Parish Council.
Portesham Stone Bus Shelter
After being rebuilt the stone bus shelter was given to the Parish Council in 2011 a stone plaque has now been attached to the shelter by the Portesham Volunteers to commemorate the Jubilee and Olympics.
Land at Dovecote Cottages
Gifted to the Parish Council in 2009. This picture is of the Blacksmiths which is where the Dovecote cottages are now.
The Parish Council own and maintain notice boards, benches and grit bins around the parishes.
Parish Council Responsibilities
The Portesham Churchyard is a closed churchyard and is the responsibility of the Parish Council.
Abbotsbury Village Green
The Village Green is maintained by the Parish Council.
Portesham Play Area
The land is leased from the Diocese and the Parish Council maintain the play area.
The Pound, Langton Herring
The Pound was gifted to the Parish Council from the village in June 2018.